Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

In grad school one of my professors asked me in the middle of workshop, what are you afraid of? My answer then is the same as now -- something about self-consciousness v. audacity -- or love v. hate of the voice in the writing... This connection/disconnection dilemma is on my mind a lot right now.

I'm going to take this project off-line for a week -- just for a little grounding. I'm going to keep it going, though -- and I'll post them all at the end of the week. For those of you who have been reading, thank you so much, and I hope that you will read again next week!

I asked the same friend once, what happens if I deconstruct myself -- who will I be on the other side? He said that maybe I wasn't who I thought I was...

My favorite thing about New Years is that it feels like a little bit of a reset button.

Happy Happy New Year.

No comments: