Sunday, March 30, 2008

My Candidate

Since the gas lines of the ’70’s, Democrats and Republicans have talked about energy independence, but nothing’s changed — except now Exxon’s making $40 billion a year, and we’re paying $3.50 for gas.

I’m Barack Obama. I don’t take money from oil companies or Washington lobbyists, and I won’t let them block change anymore. They’ll pay a penalty on windfall profits. We’ll invest in alternative energy, create jobs and free ourselves from foreign oil.

I approve this message because it’s time that Washington worked for you. Not them.


It's a TV ad -- airing today in Penn. Link Here.

I guess there's some question about whether or not he takes any money from the industry -- a suggested misrepresentation by the Clinton campaign. I hate to see them slandering each other -- I really admire Hiallary Clinton; I think she'd make a terrific president. I really wish we could see what they could do together.

I find it hard to imagine the the oil companies don't give everyone money somehow...

It seems pretty much like what needs to be done -- aside from the obvious omission of the environment -- but I understand that. You have got to choose your motivation, your appeal.

I'm glad to see this ad. I don't really believe in campaign promises or put too much stock in them -- but wouldn't it be nice to believe...


I first saw this ad on The Oil Drum, then followed a link to the NYTimes.

No comments: