Thursday, February 9, 2012

Scared of my shadow...

I get superstitious about some things... it's true. I used to have the collected works of Emily Dickenson by my bed in college -- and pretty much any time I opened it it would speak directly to my situation. There have been other books too. And this crazy guy who does amazing horoscopes... I don't believe in such things -- but him...
Sometimes I think it's just a matter of what you want to hear -- of course -- like a tarot reader ready to pick up on what you are saying you don't mean to. But it's the self tricking the self into belief of insight...

Anyway -- lately -- Sweet Teacher always seems to have what I need in any given day. Sharing and touching and moving into the light.

It was hard to go today -- sort of. Physicality, a bout with insomnia, some scattered work issues... So much that I left for class with nothing -- no mat, no towel... very unlike me. I thought I forgot my phone -- which was in my bag... the picture of the scattered and tattered and entirely non-committed.

But her joy... that would make it worth it...

Any yoga practice worth its salt is not about the sunshine. It'a about the shadows.

The shadows.
If this is a practice for life...
The creatures have been having nightmares... I haven't slept soundly in over a week.
Physical and emotional upheaval.
My therapist asked -- (I need a name for her, don't I... hmmm, have to think on that...) if the pain in your stomach could tell you what it wanted to speak to what would it say? I can't quite go that far with her, but I can rephrase it... Well, I suppose if it was a metaphor it would say, it's one thing to be healing, but you need to take things gently none the less -- I can't really withstand trauma right now -- virus or difficulty is sure to throw things way back out of whack...

"Today I invite you to let any anxiety -- and discomfort -- any shadow to come and speak to you -- to give it some space and help it relax..."

It was a hard practice, but just what I needed. I don't feel like a warrior. I do not feel like a tree.
Good morning sweet shadow.

Let the anxiety tell you what it needs to now -- and then breathe it out. There is nothing left to do for it now.


No comments: