Thursday, February 16, 2012

Shivasana Kisses

A funny thing happened last week...
I had this luxurious 5 days where all I had to do was listen to wonderful yoga teachers tell me what to do -- it was spread out over a week, but started with a three hour heart opening workshop -- on the few off days I found sleep more desirable than practice.
It was really wonderful -- and by the end, I noticed, I was missing my own voice. I was tired of other people's practices. I wanted my own.

Why is it so hard to trust my own voice? Believe in it?
What if I was beginning to change that...


I had a funny headstand this morning. First, the doubt. Sweet Teacher is trying to move us into the middle of the room with our headstand. I can do that now. But I'm always scared to. I started a few today -- then chickened out. So I moved to the wall. The door, actually, in this case -- I close the door to the living room and use it as my net. I immediately moved into my strongest head stand to date. I stayed there for about a minute. Then the dog came over and kissed my nose. I didn't fall out -- and even managed a raspy, go lie down. But really, it was so sweet. I stayed another minute and came down earlier than I needed to. I always do that. It's like I have to build the muscles while I'm not paying attention...

She kissed me in Shivasana too.

This was the Rumi I opened to this morning:

Don't let your throat tighten
with fear. Take sips of breath
all day and night, before death
closes your mouth.

Good morning, Sweet Day.

No comments: